There is an interesting piece of news from budget airline Deccan airways and Kerala Forest Department.
Deccan has teamed up with the Kerala Forest Department and The Periyar Tiger Reserve (PTR) in Thekkady, Kerala to offer Simplifly Periyar, a unique eco-tourism initiative.The partnership aims at providing convenient access to Periyar to promote responsible travel for conservation.
'Simplifly Periyar' the package will offer wildlife enthusiasts and leisure travelers the opportunity to travel, stay, explore and closely experience the spectacular wildlife and the natural heritage of Periyar.
According to the chairman ,deccan airways,their association with Periyar will further the local engagement with tourism, increase awareness and support tiger conservation efforts.
Padma Mahanti, I.F.S. has conceptualized the idea of popularizing flying to wildlife destinations for supporting conservation and livelihood of the local communities.
The partnership would provide convenient access to Periyar, Deccan said in a statement.
Travellers opting for any of the packages will be flown to Madurai or Kochi on Deccan.
The Periyar forest department will then drive them to the tiger reserve in Thekkady.
'Simplifly Periyar' offers 10 ecotourism packages which can be viewed on the Deccan website.
- Largest House boat in Kerala - 'Celebrations'
- Kerala to introduce Grading and Semester system in...
- Kerala SSLC results 2008 -Expected to be published...
- Asianet Idea Star singer 2008 commenced!
- British woman molested in Kerala
- Qatar Airways announces flights to Kozhikode
- Subhiksha to enter Kerala telecoms retail industr...
- Kerala Education,courses info!
- Malayalam movie world